Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Glass Castle... My opinion

The ending to The Glass Castle was good in my opinion but it could have been a little better. After Jeanette and the whole Walls family moved to New York, the family kind of split apart and almost had problems of their own. Her mom became homeless, Maureen went to jail and then moved to California, and their dad died. Jeanette herself had a sort of happy ending getting married and finishing college but after the climax of the story thing were getting better again and it could have ended with that but then there was a little added part that, in my opinion, could have been left out. Overall I think I would recommend it to other people because it is a story that you read thinking its fiction because of the drama and dramatic aspects. She makes her life seem like it is an adventure and it could all be made up but isnt. It is a great story of ocerall success starting with a rough childhood and ending in peace finally. I think Jeanette Walls did a great job writing a fun and exciting memoir.

No comments: