Sunday, October 7, 2007

Soccer

With a soccer season there are times when you feel excited and times you feel sad and sometimes there are moments when you wish you were somewhere else. This weekend was our last game of the season and for a couple reasons, the emotions of everyone on our team were different. Some were saying they were glad it was over, others were sad. I think most of us were kind of angry though because we had to play our very last game 3 hours away in the city of Duluth. On the trip up there one of the girls was sick, another spent the whole time sleeping, and another doing homework. My status was socializing and watching the dvd player I was so intelligent to have remembered. In the end I guess I was excited to be able to spend our last bus trip together on a long trip we all had to face. The fact was, during the season a lot of us hadnt gotten along so well for whatever reason and were not always the perfect definition of a "team." The bus trip for me was just the end and resolution to a tramatic season. I felt as if it were the ending to a fairy tale where everyone was happy again, even if it meant ending the season. I think everyone felt the trip was worth it especially when we ended with a 3-0 win. Whoo!!

4 comments:

Jordan said...

Thats very interesting. Its cool to hear about things like that, because I don't hear about them otherwise. Keep up the good work.

Holly M. said...

Hey Jess!
Congrats on the big win! I'm sorry to hear that your team didn't have the smoothest season, but hopefully things will go better next year. Getting along and good sportmanship are really important in order to have a good season. I know things will work out!!! Keep up the good work!

Caroline said...

Soccer sounds like an intense sport. Good job on the end of the season win... i bet you were the superstar of the game. It sounds like you had a rough season, and that must have affected you out on the field. But, it sounds like you are still able to pull out with a win. Our tennis season is over too, and that was a fun year. ok well bye for now!

Lauren said...

hey jess! I remember soccer and its a very fun sport. yeah sorry not in the mood for being very deep right now, looking forward to volleyball with you this season! btw, i can see you right now...LAUREN