Sunday, October 21, 2007

MEA Weekend

For our long holiday weekend I spent the time doing many different things. I went to a football game, hung out at a friends house, watched a movie, read, went to another friends house, read some more, got on an airplane where I read, flew to New Jersey to visit cousins, drove to New York and read in the car, went hiking in New York, read on the way back to New Jersey, watched some movies, got on and airplane and read again, and finally got home to read for the last time during my weekend of fun. The point if, you havent gotten it yet, is that I spent my whole weekend reading, except for the occasional fun hiking and movies. This weekend I realized that some books dont become interesting and hook you in until you get past the rising action and intro to the story. Before this weekend, I had (hate to admitt this) only read during the time we had to read our outside reading books every wednesday in class. I was regretting this on wednesday when I realized how much I still needed to read, but as the weekend went on I found that the reason I hadn't been reading is because I had never really gotten past the intro. On Thursday and Friday and Saturday and Sunday, I read a lot not only because I had to but also because the book finally started to become interesting. I think I finished atleast 3/4 of the book in this weekend alone. I learned this weekend that I just have to force myself to read the first couple chapters of the book once I get it so that I feel like I want to read it every week instead of feeling like I have to and then procrastinating. I learned this weekend that I need to find a new system.

No comments: