Sunday, September 30, 2007

Black Boy

In my opinion the ending of Black Boy was a little short of my expectations. It kind of ended without any surprise element incorporated. We knew that his goal was to bring his mom and brother up to Memphis and then to in the end find a way to Chicago. The true ending accomplished both of those things without any shocking twist which left me kind of bored. Black Boy the book, as a whole was surprising though. I found every chapter interesting because the customs of things in the early 1900s are so different then what they are today. Richard's life at home and at school surprised me as he got punished for what we would consider little things today. The segregation and difference in racial issues also brought on a different element. I have always been interested in the lifestyles and differences between my life and others. Richard Wright has done a great job in creating an eventful book of his life to imform others today what life in the 1900s was really like.

No comments: